Tips for practising vocabulary and writing
- Build your vocabulary by reading books, newspapers and magazines rather
than just using your dictionary.
- Do crossword puzzles.
- When you come across new words try to revise them every day for half
- Do not translate English words into your own language. Build a vocab
book by writing the word and it's meaning in English that you can understand.
You can also put words into groups (i.e. culture: society, population,
- Write post cards to friends back home.
- Find a native English speaking penpal to write to.
- Exchange email addresses with your friends from school and email them
- Write a diary in English every day.
If you have any questions or feedback about SelfAccess, please send an
email to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.